Monday, January 12, 2009

Rebranding Martha Stewart

As I searched for an article it seemed that most were by companies that specialize in rebranding along with lists of what not to do when creating a new look for a company. While I read through these articles, I found the articles to be interesting but not enough to make me stop and think about what I was reading. I happened on the following article "Rebranding Martha Stewart" by Stephen Doyle on the AIGA website. This article written form the designers vantage discussed why he did certain things as well as showing photographs of the logo in use and of the rejected ideas.

The comments written in regards to the article were also helpful. One comment suggested that an example of a great rebrand will be if the viewer cannot bring to mind the original logo. Which made me stop and think. This is a show I watch daily and a magazine I buy monthly so what was that old logo again. I could not come up with what the logo looked like originally.

No comments: